You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Smell of Winter

When I was a kid, I loved the smell that lingered on my dad when he came in from shoveling snow. It's really hard to explain the smell, but those of you who live where it is cold, you know what I am talking about.

This morning when Zoey and I came in from our walk, the smell of winter was on us. I quickly took a few breaths to enjoy the smell before it dissipated.

Even though that smell only happens when it is really cold out, I still love it!

3 comments:

Sara said...

I LOVE the smell of winter! I've smelled it a couple of times in TX and it whisks me back to the good ol' days of growing up in MN.

smeets said...

Have you ever watched Gilmore Girls? You just reminded me of Lorelai ;-)

Sarah said...

Love Gilmore Girls! And Lorelai. They really should have made a spin off so we could see how the whole Lorelai and Luke thing worked out. :)