You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Lil Miss Sunshine

Friday night Ben and I watched Lil Miss Sunshine. We both got a few chuckles out of it. It was different than I expected, but we both enjoyed it.

Last night Grant and Patrick came over. We played some Munchkin (the space edition). The first game turned out pretty close... Patrick was at three points (OK, he wasn't close), Grant and I had 9 and Ben won. Ben is a good player, but what helped him was that on my previous turn people smacked me down so I wouldn't win, Grant wasn't able to pull a monster, Patrick wasn't in the running leaving Ben to try to win it. He pulled a 15 monster (or something like that) and he was 23. The only thing I had to stop him was a +3 to a monster... doesn't really help.

After games we went to El Loro for dinner and then the boys went to a movie (American Ganster) while I stayed home and studied.

Oh, and in case you're wondering, Sara and Malachi's plans changed so they weren't with us. :(

2 comments:

Karin - BluePip Designs said...

I thought that was a pretty cool movie. We watched it when we were visiting Erin in GA.

Can't say the same about Munchkin. I had some bad experiences with that game.

Sara said...

It's been too long since I've enjoyed a game of Munchkin. gonna have to pull that one out of the closet!