You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Friday, January 25, 2008

Wrapped around her little paw

I will be the first to admit that I spoil Zoey.

On Wednesday night after volleyball (we won all three games, BTW), I came home and let her outside. When she came back in, we were in the kitchen getting something for me to drink. She gave me the look - meaning either she's tired, hungry, needs to go outside, or thirsty. I asked her what she wanted (we have "trained" her to bark in response to this question if she needs to go outside). Instead of her normal one bark reply, she kept barking and barking (What?! Timmy's in the well?!)... finally she moved out of the kitchen to where her treats are. And she nearly destroyed the box trying to get a rawhide. I laughed and caved and gave her one.

She has never been so insistent on getting a treat. I wonder what that was all about.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Is it actually puppy crack in disguise?

Karin - BluePip Designs said...

:) My sister's dog has a bell and they trained him to go over and ring it when he wants to go out. It just hangs on a chair though, so sometimes someone will move the chair and it makes a ringing noise. The dog always gets this "what the hell?" look on his face when it happens.

Sara, I totally agree with the puppy crack!